Monday, December 05, 2005

Monday

Today I gave the kids their allowance checks that we are trying out. They get $5 which they can use for hours playing video games and/or for Ken's Market. OR save. In addition Clare gets a $10 a month clothing allowance. The plan is to take money away when I do their jobs for them, but we're not starting that until we get in the habit of the new system. They all seemed OK with the idea.

Also, I am now making index cards to put in holders for them to help them know what to do in the day. For now, it's just for Kieron and Sean. I learned how to print on cardstock on the printer though it was time consuming. I need to make cardholders out of posterboard.

In the long run I'm going to post the extra jobs with monetary amounts so they can do them for extra money.

No comments: