Monday, December 12, 2005

Urgent & Important

To think about this week:
The difference between "urgent" and "important" -- planning for doing things BEFORE they become urgent, so I am not running around reactively putting out fires. I'm focusing on streamlining the management so I can have time and mental energy to deal with the things I keep pushing to the back burner. My other goal is to engage -- when I'm actively working to keep things going well, I'm more invested in things going well.

If we were horses: Urgent and Important

Horses divide things into two categories, not four: urgent/important and merely important. They don't have an "urgent but not important" category.
First Things First a book review
13 Timely Tips for Time Management
Time Secrets
Do the Important, Not Just the Urgent

Tyranny of the Urgent
Exodus 18
Fallacy of Time Management (Christianity Today)

No comments: