Saturday, January 14, 2006

Shovelling the Glacier...

on my deck, that is. It accumulated during Raphael's last hospitalization and melted enough to turn into very crunchy snow/ice. I spent about an hour shovelling it, with Raphael watching me vigilantly from the deck door (glass). Later Athan went out and worked on the new fall. From the look of the outside, it will be back to status quo by tomorrow.... we're supposed to get 15 inches.

Then I stacked a bunch of logs in the mudroom for future use. I am going to take a minute now to celebrate my progress. This routine of stacking logs every Wed and Sat..... doesn't take long, always makes me struggle with a bit of resistance (I'm coughing too much to have to do this!!) but makes life run smoother. And then, the very small fact of covering the logs with a tarp means the logs out on the porch have stayed pretty well dry.

If we can just keep the deck clear! metaphorically, and otherwise....

No comments: