Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Internet Ponderings

I've been more conscious of the place the internet has in my life since I started my Internet Regula which in turn was a response to this thread on internet communities. It made me realize that in the theme of Celebrating Abundance, I might be more grateful for the gifts the internet gives me if I back off just a bit.

It is hard, which is a good sign -- muscle burn!
I think I was wrapping too much of my identity up online, which made it less "real". I wonder if this is universally true -- getting overinvolved makes things "less real", whereas a bit of detachment and "agency" puts things in a more real light. A half-formed thought there, and half-formed it will have to stay.

I notice that it's difficult to get back into the swing of things when I am not on here as much. I could easily drop off almost completely, though I've been trying to keep up with my daily journal.

No comments: