Friday, January 12, 2007

Internet Regula

  • Read and write mostly when everyone is asleep.
  • Don't do this every night.
  • Do research and quick specific emails during the day.
  • Have a notebook to log what I want to accomplish online so I don't drift.
  • Also, log what I did in order to keep track.
  • Pray: AMDG -- devote internet time to God.

Things/people God wants us to enjoy
Things/people God wants us to endure (or suffer)
Things/people God wants us to remove (because they lead us to sin)
Things/people God wants us to sacrifice (willingly give up, even though they don't lead us to sin)


I'm very grateful to be here. I try to be my best self (certainly not a false self) and appreciate every one else working so hard to make this space safe, challenging, and welcoming. For me, the question isn't "Are online communities 4real?" The questions are, "Does THIS online community help me to love God better? Does it help me to fulfill my vocation better? Does it help me to serve others? Does it challenge me to think more clearly and act more rightly?" For me the answer is yes. If at any time the answer is no, then I back off until I can find a way to yes again.

No comments: