Thursday, July 19, 2007

Tech Learning Curve

My husband just got me a handheld computer -- we were getting a cell phone family plan (finally, Liam will have his own cell at college) and the Palm Treo, which works as a phone, was at a steep discount.

These new machines always take a lot of time to get used to, but I'm hoping in the long run it will help me with organization. I did figure out how to enter things in the calendar, and now I know how to use the document reader. I only took one picture of my fingers by accident while trying to figure out the camera.

Here's a little article on PDAs by a Catholic mom.

Here's Palm e-texts for Catholics (that's the kind of thing I was googling for)

I downloaded The Way of Perfection (Teresa of Avila), The Mystical Rose (Newman, about Mary), Augustine's Confessions, and one more I can't remember. Plus some prayers. Now I will have books with me even if I'm only carrying my handbag. And somewhere to write things down, though I haven't learned to type efficiently on the itty-bitty keyboard.

I am sure I'll find more uses for the thing in future. My dear husband also fixed up my computer, which had only 1 MG free (!!!) due to downloads from the boys who share my cyberspace. Now there's a couple of GB anyway. Then he upgraded my Firefox and somehow got it so that the tabs come up in different colors. That is as cool as giving me flowers.

No comments: