Thursday, July 05, 2007

Wednesday -- What is Working

Heart of Home
  • Works-for-Me-Wednesday

  • What's working for me during these days of early July:

    Our season's pass to the beach. Our lake is a 6 minute drive from our house. Why did I never get a season pass before this year? I don't know, but I'm glad I did this year. We have been going almost every day. The season's pass means we can stay for an hour or for the whole day.

    Morning walks. I really missed this when we got home from Ireland and the little ones were getting up at 6 am. Now that they are sleeping a bit later again, I can slip out of the house and say my Rosary while I'm walking on forest trails through beautiful lupines and other wildflowers.

    Afternoon naps. 'Nuff said, right?


    No school. I haven't even been planning. It's like I'm not even a homeschool mom right now. On my mind is football and swimming and travel, but nothing to do with curricula and lesson planning. This is probably a first. Maybe after 15 years this is what happens. I mention it because it's working for me right now, though I don't mind my planning immersion seasons either.

    Catching up with my Google Reader. I am trying to stay off the internet, and so far so good. But every week or so I spend a couple of hours or a morning catching up on blog reading.

    My story. It's finally moving along again (I'm writing a story for our weekly family Story Society)

    No comments: