Thursday, September 13, 2007

House Catch Up

Since a lot of my online time is being taken up by my homeschool learning record-keeping, and since we were out of town last week, this blog has paused... as you may have noticed. I think I am going to be more sporadic with the Daily Focus memes, and just quickly write down household-related things as they come up. And they do, don't they?

I'm experimenting with making my label system reflect how often I want to get things done.... I don't know how this will work, but we'll see.

Today I vacuumed and wiped the interior of the car -- it's still staying quite nice inside, which is good! That took a long time, but on the bright side it was fun for the little kids hanging around outside with me and we also did a bit of playing.

I noticed while out there that the garage needs a bit of taming -- it's breathing fire again. That one will be slotted to 15 minute sessions so I can actually make progress.

I'm making baked chicken for dinner. .... you put boneless chicken breast or thighs in a shallow baking pan, then cover with sauce of choice (I put in BBQ sauce, a bit of teriyaki sauce and sometimes some white wine or the vinegar from a jar of jalapenos). Then you just cook at 350 for about 90 minutes; turn the meat over about an hour through, add more sauce if necessary. Boil some fettucine or egg noodles, a side veggie, and you are done. If you have leftovers they are good in quesadillas or in a chicken salad.

Since I started late I made popcorn for the young ones because dinner won't be ready for another hour.

What I'm procrastinating on -- phone calls! I owe them to several friends and I also have to make a couple of appointments, which I am not looking forward to.

No comments: