Thursday, January 10, 2008

Chore Management Update

I resolved to re-activate this quiet blog because I'm trying to overhaul my physical fitness and household economy. It was on maintenance while I focused on homeschool things.

I am using my own version of the Motivated Moms chore calendar. I have to edit it a little to get it workable for me so my version ends up looking like this:


Age Quod Agis Week 2

But it doesn't seem to be enough for me to just have a checklist I can check off. So I've been tweaking as I go. I was behind this week so I:

  • Vacuumed downstairs
  • Vacuumed thefurtnitue
  • Cleaned the lightswitches downstairs
  • Dusted the downstairs and wiped where necessary
  • Supervised weekly chores
  • Organized the pantry -- still a work in progress, I just made 10 minutes inroads on it

I also shoveled the snow off the pantry for a while but it is hard work. They call it Sierra Cement around here.

I planned today to be the day I start the food journal and exercise goals.

I never seem to be able to keep all the plates in the air at once, so now I am having to put my story and reading on the back burner, and put healthy living and homeschooling and house management up closer to the top.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

It looks like you're doing a great job here Willa, and all that snow, we've got it too and I'm impressed that YOU are shoveling!! Happy Homemaking :)

Jacqueline said...

I have the same struggles. I need to work on household routines and taking care of myself but it's so hard to find a balance that seems to fit everything in.