Friday, May 23, 2008

Friday Fitness

I am down to 138 pounds, which is a recorded weight loss of 3 pounds last week and brings me within 3 pounds of my goal. Let me use that occasion to point a couple of things out:

  • No one can really lose 3 pounds in one week unless they are starving themselves, and I definitely was not. Some of that has to be water loss, perhaps water shed from my earlier plateau.
  • People (at least not ME) don't lose in a regular pattern. I haven't really changed my habits this week, but it's a different time of the month, and I have noticed before that the time of the month will affect one's patterns. I expect that for the next couple of weeks I may actually show a gain, because I tend to retain water (and crave chocolate) during those times.
  • Those shifts are OK in the big picture.

I bicycled or otherwise exercised 34 miles last week, which brings me up to 64 miles on the road to Lothlorien.

I feel a bit strange about these personal details but then, I am trying to be accountable and this does seem to help!

Off to ride the stationary bike before the little one wakes up.

1 comment:

Mrs. Darling said...

Congrats on your weight loss! Way to go!